Thursday 25 April 2013

Iberian Chiffchaff - Boldon Flats NR

Wednesday started off as a typical day until I chanced upon and found a singing male Iberian Chiffchaff in South Tyneside, I was over the moon! A 1st for Durham, I had learnt the song over previous years with the hope that one day I may well bump into one, you just never know what is going to happen.

There will be more about this bird in the coming months in the DBC Lek and I believe BirdGuides are publishing a "finders keepers" article on this bird over the next few days. But for now here is a picture of the bird and a few sound recordings from myself and Mark Newsome. 

(Iberian Chiffchaff - copyright Mark Newsome)

MARK NEWSOME RECORDING OF IBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF BELOW


ANDREW KINGHORN RECORDING OF IBERIAN CHIFFCHAFF BELOW



Until next time, Foghorn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment