Wednesday 3 February 2010

January Review & Beware of Malware

Don’t you just hate Malware! It is a bit like a virus that installs itself onto your computer without your permission, hey I love ICT. I was hit by it last night and have not really been able to use my computer for nearly a day. However technology was no match for the brains of the might Foghorn and I completely got rid of this nasty virus. It was called Antivirus Vista 2010, this software deliberately lies to you and tries to make you believe you have a Trojan horse and they say that you should but there products to fix this problem. They ask for your details, including credit card and they will put the software on to get rid of this “virus”. In actual fact it is a huge con. You DO NOT have a virus at all and they are simply trying to get your details. It has been on the go for about 1 week now and it brand new. So watch out as you might get hit! (Hope not) Screenshot of what it looks like, just incase any of my very kind readers get infected : http://siri.urz.free.fr/log/misc/Antivirus2010.png

January Highlights
But anyhow enough about ICT and computing lets get on with my January review. The year started of well in Orkney, 1st of January bought me Common Buzzard then Kestrel then a nice ringtail Hen Harrier. On the same day I ticked of Raven and some of the birds that are harder to get down here in County Durham. The ferry back to the mainland was good and produced a fine juv Iceland Gull in Stromness harbour. Not much birding was done in January as my friend who I go birding with drives and he was very busy with things that needed doing. However my Dad very kindly took me to see the Black-throated Thrush in Newholme which was fantastic to see. Also a 8 days later my Dad kindly took me to see a fine drake Ring-necked Duck that was down at Teesside, both birds where life ticks. The female Black Redstart at Hartlepool was a life tick for me and the last one for January 2010, a good way for Stew’s Crew to start the year. Three life ticks in total taking me up to 231 for my life list and 229 for my British list.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the virus info.
    The Orkney trip sounds great. I still have that pleasure to come.

    ReplyDelete