Sunday 22 January 2012

Gotta love Glaucous Gulls!

Here are two images taken by John Bridges of presumably the same Glaucous Gull I saw yesterday, these shots were taken at the same Fish Quay when two birds were around. However this individual appears to be a creature of habit and is regularly at the Fish Quay which would seem to indicate it is the same bird.

 (Glaucous Gull - © John Bridges)

The next shot is a lot like the views I got yesterday, except it stretched a bit and let me see the underwing. Highlight of the day, call me sad if you like! Just not often I get a view of a Glaucous Gull like I did yesterday.

(Glaucous Gull - © John Bridges)

Interestingly enough the banner image I have is of presumably the same Glaucous Gull aswell, its good to have a nice reliable Glaucous Gull away from the tips. 

Until next time, Foghorn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment