Sunday 12 August 2012

West Coast Butterflies

A few weeks ago I was over in Cumbria and Lancashire in the hope of seeing one of my last quarries the High Brown Fritillary, I had missed these last year but still had a good day over there. I won't give you the full list of what I saw but will just stick up some of my best pics of a particularly bad bunch. I thought I had dipped High Brown Fritillary again, however on reviewing my pictures it became clear I hadn't! I had snapped one of them in Lancashire are a particularly well known site for them.

 (Dark Green Fritillary - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

(Dark Green Fritillary - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

 (Gatekeeper - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

 (Grayling - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

(Scotch Argus - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

(High Brown Fritillary - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

Until next time, Foghorn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment