Wednesday 7 October 2009

Common Crane (Common!?!?! how dare they)

I had the NOT so Common Crane today at Lamesley Water Meadows. What a cracking bird that was! Made up for dipping the Glossy Ibis on Saturday.

I was sitting in McDonalds eating the cardboard food that is on offer there when my phone started to ring and I saw it was a friend from the Bird Club who informed me it was showing well at the location and doesn't look like its gunna be going anywhere anytime soon. So straight home and on our way to see it. Got a lift from a non birdy friend who seemed to enjoy looking at it also. A very impressive bird and perhaps one of my favourites this year.

(It was present about 50yards past the Ravensworth Pub in the field on the left hand side of the road. You can view it from the side of the road. Still present when I left at 1:55.)

(Common Crane - Andrew Kinghorn)

Life list updates
208 - Common Crane

Year list updates
194 - Common Crane

No comments:

Post a Comment