Saturday 10 October 2009

Crane again

Went back to try and see if I could get my mate the Common Crane as he had not seen it yet. We started off at Ouslaw Lane in Kibblesworth but nothing at all apart from couple of pigeons. So we headed down to Lamesely Water Meadows to look for it. No immediate sign so we headed for the hide. Whilst there we had a couple of good birds with Buzzard, Kestrel, 40c Teal, Lapwing, Redshank, Snipe, Collared Dove, Woodpigeon, Black-headed Gull, Pied Wagtail (heard), Cormorant (over), and Greylang Geese. We spent about 30 - 45 mins there. We left and thought we would try Ouslaw Lane again just incase it has put in a show. We pulled over and I got out. I looked between two hedges and there in the distance I saw something grey and large. That's it! So I got my scope out and we watched it for about 10minutes before heading of. It was very distant compared to when I had it 100yrds off but it was still fantastic to see this bird again before it leaves. Just glad my friend saw it before it leaves.

(Common Crane standing tall)

No comments:

Post a Comment