Saturday 22 January 2011

Interesting Gull - Hybird? Not so sure.......

This post containes images and videos of the interesting gull I had today at the tip in Teesside. I suspect it is a hybrid Glaucous x Herring or could it just be an extrmely faded Great black-acbked Gull. It didn't really have a feel of Herring and the images and videos sort of convey that.

Any comments on thoughts on ID most welcome, I have a thought what it might be but will save my embarrassment in case I am wrong! So here are my images and videos, images first (click to enlarge):



(Gull sp - Andrew Kinghorn)




Comments most certainly welcome!

Until next time, Foghorn out!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew - looks to me to be a pale 1st-winter Herring Gull. Birds with primaries this pale are a minority but do occur. Guess alot of them argentatus, presumably from some way north.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete