Sunday 9 January 2011

Not going to ring its neck now.....

A usual Sunday for me, started with Church in the morning then a brief stint out birding down Teesside with a local birder and friend of mine.

First port of call was Cowpen Bewley where we saw the Ring-necked Duck drake that has been giving people the run around. I had dipped it 2 times but finally bagged it today, didn't ring its neck don't panic!

All videos best viewed in 720HD rather than 360 (default setting)



(Ring-necked Duck - Andrew Kinghorn)

I also got this video of a 1st winter Common Gull, I like my gulls!


After the superb Ring-necked Duck we headed off for Greatham Creek where I added Shelduck and Black-tailed Godwit to the year list. Nothing much else around other than the usual waders and a 2 nice Little Grebe at Seal Sands. A check around Zinc Works road revealed nothing ;)

Final stop was Hartlepool Headland where after about 10 minutes my mate picked up the Red-necked Grebe up quite close. A nice county and year tick! A nice Rock Pipit was really close but video shy, but a more obliging bird I managed to capture a couple of seconds of video off.


No Coues' Arctic Redpolls for me today I am afraid, gave Rainton a rest I will be ready for some more of those smashing Redpolls soon!

THE END

Until next time Foghorn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment