Wednesday 2 February 2011

More Gull stuff

One of the reasons I look forward to winter is the Gull watching, I managed to get back into it back end of last year after getting over my major disappointment of missing the Glaucous-winged Gull at Teesside. Not sure if I will ever get over that............


But in this post just thought I would share some more Gull images and video. Firstly additional images of the leucistic Herring Gull which I presume to be argenteus. First off here is the video of the bird:



(Leucistic Herring Gull - © Ray Scott)

 (Leucistic Herring Gull - © Ray Scott)

(Leucistic Herring Gull - © Ray Scott)

KUMLIEN'S GULL

On Lee Evans blog he posted up a link with some very interesting images of Kumlien's Gulls at different ages, obviously showing the variation within plumages of birds due to age. Also its very interesting to note how so much individual variation goes on with these Gulls. Be sure to check Page 2 and Page 3 as well for extra images and comments. Here's the link:


Until next time, Foghorn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment