Monday 25 July 2011

Cracking evening seawatch

Having missed out on the excitement yesterday of the Storm Petrels I got myself along to Whitburn this evening for approximately an hour. So I went on a seawatch from about 07.50 to 08.50. Highlights included:

6 Storm Petrels
20c Manx Shearwaters
Puffins
Guillemots
1 Whimbrel
Skua sp. (presumed Great)
Razorbills

The 6 Storm Petrels were understandably the highlights and 1 was really close inshore. Got cracking if not brief views in the scope when it was really close before I took my eyes off it, also got fairly good views if not distant of the others. An incredible 123 flew past Whitburn today.

A cracking and very memorable seawatch, still I should have went on Sunday morning as a Long-tailed Skua flew past and that would have been a lifer. But not to worry, hopefully I will get Long-tailed Skua sometime this year.

Until next time, Foghorn out!

1 comment: