I am sure some of my followers will have blockers? Birds that you can’t seem to see and add to your life list. I am not all about listing birds but I do keep a list and very much so enjoy listing, as you can tell from my new BUBO listing gadget.
My blockers are common birds! I am going to go through a few of my blockers. You don’t care? Fine! LEAVE! ;)
If you do care please continue to read on:
1) Wood Sandpiper – Despite havening gone to look for this fantastic wader I have still failed to see one. Could it be an addition to my life list this year? We’ll see.
2) Sooty Shearwater – I haven’t done much sea watching and when I have I haven’t seen much to be honest.
3) Pomarine Skua – See above description to why I probably haven’t seen one yet.
4) Common Crossbill – WHAT!? Yes that’s right, I have had Eastern Crowned Warbler but not Common Crossbill. Go figure.
5) Bewick’s Swan – I could tick this bird………….but a holiday to Norfolk/ Suffolk to see one is a bit to pricey at the moment. I never got a chance to go and see the birds in Durham in October. When I thought I saw 2 different birds a few weeks later they turned out to the Bloopers. Then ID’d as Whoopers.
6) Bean Goose – Again, there where some in Durham but I never got a chance to go and see them! I am still sad about that.
7) Woodcock – Again, go figure! I just can’t seem to find a Woodcock despite hoping fences and looking in the appropriate areas with Cut’n a Long story Short.
8) Wood Warbler – Have heard one but never saw it! Grrrrrrr.
They are some of the commoner ones. I hope to tick of 10 or so not mentioned here when I got to Norfolk/Suffolk in May/June with the rest of Stew’s Crew.
Woodcock and Crossbill, I still can’t believe I haven’t seen either yet.